The Village of South Chicago Heights number one priority is the health and safety of our residents and employees amid concerns of the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Following are resources and information.
At this time, Village Hall will remain open to the public, but officials ask that residents who are experiencing symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath) delay doing business with the Village until free from fever for more than 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- We anticipate no interruption in providing service to our customers. As a precautionary measure the Public Safety building, Village Hall and Senior Center will be disinfected professionally.
- We continually monitor information from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to stay up to date on the COVID-19 situation.
- Employees have been apprised of best practices in preventing the spread of viruses, hand sanitizers are available for use in all public areas.
Additional Resources for You
- Symptom information, testing, prevention measures, and more details are available at the Center for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 and the World Health Organization COVID-19.
- Beware of scams and verify any communication that seeks to obtain your personal information, solicit donations, sell medical supplies, or similar. If you think you have fallen victim to a scam, please call the Village of South Chicago Heights Police Department. For all other emergencies dial 9-1-1
- We highly encourage using online bill pay that minimize interpersonal contact.
URGENT - Effective, Monday March 16, 2020 at 9:00 P.M. all restaurants and bars will close through Monday, March 30, 2020. Your business may take call-in orders for curbside pick-up or drive-thru only. NO EXCEPTIONS! Read the attached press release for additional information.
Comcast Announces Comprehensive COVID-19 response to help keep Americans connected to the internet. Click here for more information