General, Electrical & Sub-Contractors
General & Sub-Contractors
General and sub-contractors such as but not limited to board-up, restoration, waterproofing, heating and air, concrete, asphalt paving/repair, windows, doors, siding, gutters/downspouts, sewer and drain, carpentry must submit a certificate of insurance with the village additionally insured, comprehensive automobile liability insurance, general liability, worker’s compensation and surety bond.
- Workers compensation in the statutory limits with the employer’s liability in the sum of $500,000 bodily injury per person. Contractors who do not have worker’s compensation coverage because they do not have employees must be approved by the building director before proceeding with the application and sign the “Contractor’s Hold Harmless Indemnification Agreement.” The Village of South Chicago Heights must be named as a "certificate holder".
- Comprehensive general liability in the sum of $1,000,000 bodily injury each occurrence, $1,000,000 bodily injury aggregate, $500,000 property damage per occurrence and $1,000,000 property damage aggregate.
- Notice of cancellation of the policy will be given to the Village Clerk at least 30 days before such cancellation is effective.
A $10,000 surety bond.
License Term runs from May 1 to April 30.
- General and Sub-Contractors $150.00 per year - Application (PDF)
- Landscaper and Lawn Maintenance Services fee $100.00 per year - Application (PDF)
- Roofers and Plumbers Administrative fee $25.00 per year - Application (PDF)
Additional Requirement Footnotes
- Electrical Contractors - In addition to the above, electricians are also required to submit a copy of their test results.
- Roofing Contractors - In addition to the above, roofers are required to submit a copy of their state license which serves as the contractor’s bond. If the scope of work includes more than a roof, the contractor must be licensed as a General Contractor.
- Plumbing Contractors - A plumber must have an Illinois Department of Public Health State License 055 which serves as the bond and must be submitted with the above application. A valid IDPH 058 ID card must be provided with a permit application.